The National Center for Protein Sciences (Beijing) (NCPSB), also known as the PHOENIX Center（Pilot Hub Of ENcyclopedic proteomIX) is a leading science and technology infrastructure for biomedical research in China. Approved and jointly built by the State and Beijing local governments, the Phoenix Center currently harbors the world’s largest cutting-edge mass spectrometry facility and several first-class hardware platforms including a bioinformatic platform supported by the "Tianhe 2" supercomputer. The Phoenix Center is the first to introduce and pioneer the concept of Proteomics-Driven Precision Medicine (PDPM) as a new research paradigm in the global scientific community.
Led by Dr. Fuchu He, a world-renowned proteomics scientist and member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the Phoenix Center assembles a globally competitive research team to conduct cutting-edge research for unmet medical needs. This team has successfully hosted the Human Liver Proteome Project (HLPP), the first large-scale international collaborative initiative led by Chinese scientists. In the future, the Phoenix Center will continue to forge ahead on its mission for the implementation of the Human Proteome Project and the promotion of its worldwide scientific reputation. The Center aims to become a unique hub for global talents in lifeomics research for the forthcoming era of PDPM.
The Phoenix Center is now actively seeking talented scientists in the following research areas:
1) Proteomics/Metabolomics/Genomics, Transcriptomics, et al.
2) Functional proteomics
3) Bioinformatics/Big data in biomedicine/ Artificial Intelligence (AI) in medicine
Senior Principal Investigators:
1) should possess a prestigious academic background and independent, original and internationally recognized research work in his/her own field, holding a tenured associate professor or above at well-known universities or research institutions;
2) expected to provide a global vision, comprehensive and deep academic insights into corresponding research fields.
Junior Principal Investigators:
1) should have at least 3 consecutive years (including post-doctoral) of research experience in relevant research fields after obtaining a doctoral degree;
2) should be top-ranked among his peers with globally recognized works, exhibit potential to become an academic or technology leader; potentially qualified for the national young talent program in China.
Phoenix Center Provides:
1) Internationally competitive salary and monetized housing allowance (or equivalent benefits);
2) Sufficient research start-up, funding support and outstanding core research facilities;
3) Abundant laboratory and office space;
4) Assistance in applying for national and Beijing high-level talent programs and subsidies.
Applicants should submit:
1) a cover letter,
2) Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications and research funding,
3) a brief research summary and future research plan,
4) Names, affiliations and contact details of at least three references.
The application package should be merged into one single PDF file and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email title should be indicated as "Application for Phoenix Center Talent Program + Research Direction".
More open positions for research assistants and technicians in mass spectrometry-based proteomics, bioinformatic analysis and big data mining are also available in the Phoenix Center and “Wisdom Facility” located in Guangzhou, China.
Applicants should submit a detailed resume with personal education and work experience to email@example.com.
Applications are accepted all year round.
Address: NO.38, Science Park Road, Zhongguancun Life Science Park, Changping District, Beijing, China.
For more recruitment information, please visit: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/kmCEeufRva2Bf-aPruTRig