We are seeking a talented individual to join our team at the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute and Cain Foundation Laboratories affiliated with Texas Children's Hospital to discover the genetic causes of childhood neurological disorders (epilepsy, autism, ADHD, and cognitive impairments), elucidate the neurocognitive impact, and discover therapeutic interventions for rare and common neurologic disorders. The primary role of the Research Coordinator III is to lead and assist in all aspects of the study, including, but not limited to patient recruitment and communications, study design, data collection and analysis, maintaining regulatory documents and records, biospecimen acquisition, and organization and safety of research participants. The Research Coordinator III will have to be adaptive, resilient, with exceptional interpersonal skills, and able to work with people from many different backgrounds, this includes interacting with children with neurodevelopmental disabilities and their families. This senior level position requires strong leadership and mentorship skills, enthusiasm, attention to detail, self-motivated, professional, willing to be flexible and adaptable, and have excellent communication skills.
Chao Lab: https://www.bcm.edu/research/faculty-labs/hsiao-tuan-chao-lab
Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute: https://nri.texaschildrens.org/about-us
Texas Children's Hospital (Medical Center): https://www.texaschildrens.org/Job Duties
Project Management (25%)
- Maintains databases, records, and regulatory documents for research studies.
- Monitor IRB submissions and responds to requests and questions with IRB.
- Manage daily administrative tasks like preparing study materials, photocopying, organizing and filing documents, mailing study materials, working with confidential files.
Community Outreach (15%)
- Liaises with clinical partners to recruit participants and attend meetings with clinical stakeholders.
- Explains process and procedures to educate participant, clinical partners, and investigators regarding the research study.
- Schedule and coordinate advocacy related events such as patient/family engagement activities
- Serve as a liaison between the community, researchers, and sponsors.
Study Management / Clinical and Research Coordinator (45%)
- Interviews, screens, and recruits participants for studies.
- Collects patient information. Processes, documents, and enters information into a database. Corresponds with participants and families throughout study.
- Collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures specific for the research protocol.
Data Analysis and Management (15%)
- Conducts testing procedures required by the study.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- Develops and modifies computer programs.
- Maintains and organizes inventory of study supplies and equipment.
- Develop research methodologies.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Collects qualitative and quantitative data from research participants.
- Evaluates and analyzes clinical research data in an appropriate format.
- Evaluate and perform statistical analysis of clinical research data.
- Knowledgeable in documenting study information per protocol.
- Responsible for maintaining data registries and sub-projects
- Provide leadership for all studies/trials assigned, develop and implements policy and procedures, identifies and implements corrective actions/process when required.
- Manage meetings with investigators across multiple sites.
- Generate data reports to determine feasibility for upcoming studies.
- Train junior team members.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Experience with computer spreadsheets and database management.
- Experience with database management (ex RedCap) and electronic medical records (ex EPIC).
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) Preferred
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.