This position will work closely and in partnership with the Pediatrics Division Head and Division Administrator (Supervisor, Business Operations) of IAR managing the administrative and financial operations of research studies or clinical trials.
https://www.bcm.edu/departments/pediatrics/divisions-and-centers/immunology-allergy-retrovirology Job Duties
- Manages pre- and/or post- award grant management activities.
- Oversees and responsible for approximately $3 million in grant awards and other research activity.
- Provides financial management and accountability, including developing budgets, monitoring budget and grant expenditures, reconciling accounts, financial reporting, and ensuring federal and institutional accounting standards are met.
- Collaborates with Division HR Administrator (Supervisor, Business Operations) related to grant cost and effort distribution.
- Responsible for establishing and implementing quality assurance and quality control measures/oversight and ensuring adherence to Division and College research policies and regulatory standards.
- Oversees research staff employees. Includes assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals, maintaining schedules, and providing feedback during annual performance management.
- Assist and establish goals for research support employees. - Recruits, trains, and supervises research administrative staff.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree. Certified Research Administrator certification through the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC) may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Four years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; SN