Postdoctoral Fellowship - Immunology and Protein Engineering
The Biodefense Research Section’s Yeast Engineering Technology and Immunobiology Core Lab (YETI) at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Vaccine Research Center (VRC), located on the main National Institutes of Health (NIH) campus in Bethesda, Maryland, has an immediate opening for a creative and self-motivated postdoctoral fellow in immunology and protein engineering. A focus of the research will be on on protein engineering of antibodies or immunogens, virus evolution, and/or investigating vaccine-induced and natural immunity to a broad range of pathogens using next-generation sequencing and yeast-display based approaches.
Salary depends on qualifications and years of postdoctoral experience. All candidates must be within 5 years of receiving their highest degree.
- Course of study (Ph.D. or M.D.) in immunology/microbiology, molecular biology, bioinformatics, computational biology, or closely related discipline
- Proficiency in general molecular biology and immunology assays (including PCR, cloning, and ELISA) is desired
- While not required, it is highly desired that candidates have the following:
- An understanding of sequencing principles, methods, and analysis tools
- Proficiency in Unix shell scripting/R and/or in use of command-line tools
- Experience with Python/Perl
NIH Main Campus, Bethesda, Maryland
Please email a CV and the contact information for three referees to the contact information below.
John Misasi, M.D.
Chief, Yeast Engineering Technology and Immunobiology Core Lab
Vaccine Research Center
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
Bethesda, MD 20892
To learn more about the Biodefence Research Section and how you can play a significant role in this exciting and dynamic research laboratory, please visit here.
Visit NIAID Careers for more information about working in NIAID’s dynamic atmosphere.
HHS, NIH, and NIAID are equal opportunity employers dedicated to building a diverse community through its training and employment programs.