The position is for a technician to provide responsible assistance for establishment and propagation of organoid cultures as part of the Baylor College of Medicine 3D Organoid Core. This job is suitable for someone who can handle multiple projects and can follow instructions to complete assignments under minimal supervision. Technical experience is required in sterile maintenance and culturing of cells, flow cytometry, microscopy, and RT-qPCR. A responsible, skilled and dedicated individual is required. This position will offer a unique and rewarding translational research experience in a dynamic and highly productive environment.Job Purpose
Performs responsible research work that requires planning, completing, and occasionally supervising limited research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the supervisor.Job Duties
- Generating and propagating 3D organoid cultures.
- Performing routine research assays such as flow cytometry and qRT-PCR to validate cultures.
- Documentation of results.
- Contribution to Core maintenance including ordering supplies, general clean up, freezer cataloging, and maintaining lab equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Work experience in an academic research lab is desirable.
- Tissue culture expertise and experience with sterile technique is required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.