At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us. Do you dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- Supervise contractors and vendors as they relate to capital projects.
- Gathers preliminary information on equipment cost and availability.
- Contact outside suppliers, consultants, contractors for bid submittals.
- Coordinates, schedules, and supervises construction activities of assigned projects.
- Coordinates with other departments and/or contractors as required the planning and execution of building work/renovation, and/or removal and installation of new machinery.
- Completes project by organizing and monitoring the project execution o Maintains project schedule by monitoring progress, coordinating activities and troubleshooting the problems to resolve them.
- Perform other related duties as assigned o Ensure compliance and implementation of company policies as they relate to buildings and grounds.
Ensures the timely completion of approved capital projects and provides updates on progress.
- Request from contractors copy of their Public Responsibility Insurance policy and State Insurance Fund policy before starting any contract or project.
- Coordinates with the SHE Department for the appropriate orientation of outside personnel on safety rules, as required by the company policy.
- Carries out the installation of minor capital projects which do not warrant outside contractors. o Report project activities to Facilities & Maintenance Manager.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of the AuC Account (Assets under Construction) as required by Projects Accounting Office.
- Update Projects Status & Risk Issues in Henkel's PMO Databases o Perform all fixed assets requests (project activation, project closing, assets creation and/or deletion, etc) throw the Fixed Assets Now (FAN) Tool o Assists
- Facilities & Maintenance Manager as required to ensure thar capital projects planned objectives are economically and timely achieved.
- Assures that safe work practices and company policies are always followed by employees and vendors/contractors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering; preferably Chemical, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience in capital project engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.