The Department of Center of Comparative Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a competent and reliable Senior Manager of Animal Care to supervise the facility Managers in the TMF,ABBR, Zebrafish, Colony and Germ Free animal facilities and the daily husbandry activities conducted in them. This position will participate in the ACA interviewing process, performance reviews, disciplinary actions. The Senior Manager will review and recommends changes to policy and procedure to ensure that CCM & investigator's staff adhere to all BCM regulations. It is the responsibility of this position to ensure the facility Managers maintain the physical condition of each vivaria, applying available resources and personnel to achieve safe, clean and functional environments for the animals and investigators. The Senior Manager will ensure that the managers create accurate and timely documents and records regarding training, environmental parameters and animal health monitoring. In addition, this role oversees procurement and proper storage of husbandry supplies by the managers. Shifts will include 7:00am - 4:00pm; 8:00am - 5:00pm; 9:00am - 6:00pm and some on call and weekends.Job Duties
- Responsible for ensuring the care and maintenance of animals, equipment and facilities.
- Supervises facility Managers responsible for day to day husbandry operations in multiple assigned facilities.
- Interacts with investigators to meet their research needs and maintains positive working relationship with investigators and animal care staff.
- Ensures adherence to standard operating procedures and industry standards.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Ensures adequate inventory of feed, bedding, and supplies to support facility operations.
- Schedule and perform facility tours with new research personnel.
- Assist with Quality Assurance reviews.
- Assists with training Leads.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATG) by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS).
- Experience in a large vivarium facility.
- CMAR certification.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; SN