At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you are up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us. Do you dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- Provide technical leadership for toxicological evaluations, testing strategies, and documentation of product safety assurance for new product development projects
- Utilize industry standard approaches and leverage currently available science to conduct toxicological human health risk assessments for raw materials, formulas, product formats, and contaminants
- Partner with Corporate Product Safety, Regulatory, Formulations, Marketing, Consumer Insights and Legal to provide product safety guidance throughout the product development process
- Provide scientific leadership and transparency of internal safety assurance practices to stakeholders (both internal and external) to support consumer confidence in Henkel's products
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Regulatory and Packaging teams related to cautionary language, safety statements and safe packaging design
- Review and provide subject matter expertise related to consumer exposure complaints
- Understand "state of science" for home cleaning toxicology and safety assurance practices, via trade association/alliance participation as directed by leadership; Monitor and address issues of concern; Monitor emerging issues
- Corroborate with management in interfacing with regulatory authorities and customers regarding product safety questions or issues
- PhD in toxicology
- Certification as a Diplomat of the American Board of Toxicology (DABT)
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience, preferably in consumer product goods
- Quality control- demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, and monitors own work to ensure quality
The salary for this role is $116,727.00 - $169,081.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Connecticut. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.