At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us. Do you dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- Defines and steers strategy consistent with defined business plan, oversees new product development projects
- Ensures fulfillment of performance, quality and cost product requirements
- Defines and plans resources to meet planned objectives, reports on R&D activities
- Develops team members regarding leadership and technical and digital competences
- Ensures compliance with corporate SHE standards, policies and procedures
- Provides guidance to team regarding new approaches, solutions, processes, products within an agreed timeframe
- Steers process development needed to support cross-function teams to achieve completion of new technology products in line with strategic objectives
- Oversees that all new products meet international chemical health and safety requirements and other regulations
- Assures technology state of the art through patent protection of all new developments and technologies
- Represents Henkel at various associations and shapes technical guidance documents; represents BU category in core crisis teams
- Steers product portfolio (together with Marketing),
- Generate market and innovation insights through various platforms
- Manages and steers product development projects
- Develops new approaches, solutions, processes, products within an agreed timeframe
- Organizes and manages projects and resources to meet planned objectives, reports on R&D activities
- Assures technology state of the art through internal development of laboratory and staff
- Provides technical support to manufacturing and quality as required
- Acts as a technical lead with other R&D groups
- Approves technical readiness of raw materials and products as well as first production and quality specs
- Ensures that Henkel's new IP is protected through collaboration with internal and external partners
- Provides guidance and recommendations on patents and proprietary agreements
- Prepares technical part of sales folders in alignment with Marketing
- Ensures compliance with Henkel corporate SHE standards, policies and procedures and manages the lab and innovation process
- Connects with consumers and generates consumer insights through various platforms
Accountabilities (Time in %)
- New Product and solution development, account for lab development to production launch 55%
- Lead and develop team 20%
- Research innovation technologies, Market & Customer Engagement and support 20%
- Various knowledge and knowhow summary and sharing, via leverage key digital tools and platform 3%
- SHE and compliance 2%
- What qualifications, licensor education level does the employee need? Describe educational requirements, certification, and license.
- Education background: Master degree and above, prefer Ph.D
- Education background : Major in chemistry, polymer, material science
Skills and Experience Desired
- How much experience and what competency are needed? Describe what knowledge, skills and abilities are required to perform the daily tasks and job duties.
- Work experience: master + 15 year experience, doctor + 12 year experience, experience in electronics is preferred
- Work experience: strong epoxy expertise is required, silicone and acrylate are appreciated
- Strong Data analysis skill is required. Green belt or black belt is preferred.
- Fluent English in both speaking and writing
- experience in engineering and Production is nice to have.
What the Role Can Offer You
- Member of Inno management APAC team. Work in business organization with very strong growth and investment momentum
- Drive and Participatetechnical development in different markets segments and applications
- Very collaborative local and global team
- Amazing culture with result oriented, place to craft own career.
- Systematic onboarding program and training platforms to enhance technical and business knowhow.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to gender, origin, culture, generation, disability, religion and sexual orientation.