At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us. Do you dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- The primary function of this Lead Application Engineer is to provide engineering support for new and existing products related to consumer electronics.
- Will work as a technical liaison with customers, sales, marketing, manufacturing and R&D.
- Specifics include design and administration of internal screening evaluations on developmental and commercialized products, optimization of material assembly processes, and direct interaction with customers to troubleshoot and solve product and process related problems.
- This role requires close collaboration with cross-functional teams globally.
- This role also needs to provide global on-site support at Henkel's customers as needed. This multifaceted role requires approximately 50% of the time working with Lab-Application Engineering personnel to bridge customer needs and 50% of the time working directly with the customers on technical support.
- Individual must demonstrate implicit understanding of customer culture and anticipates their needs when developing new products/processes.
- In addition, he/she must be able to mentor and guide the global team in technical area.
- A bachelor/master's degree with 7+ years of working experience or a doctor's degree with 5+ years of working experience in R&D or application engineering field
- Education in material or engineering discipline is required
- Experience in display industry is desirable
- Direct customer interaction experience is required. Strong ownership and responsibility with customer-oriented mindset and good understanding of customer request & culture.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis using MiniTab and/or JMP is desirable
- Demonstrated ability in working with a cross functional Sales/Product Development/Marketing team is highly desirable
- Effective communication skills are required
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.