The Hodges lab in the Center for Precision Environmental Health (Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, and Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center) is looking for a new individual to join the team. This position requires a friendly and energetic candidate who is self-motivated and capable of mediating interactions within the laboratory team. The successful candidate will be a primary point of contact for laboratory-related issues, and will have an important but flexible role in the organization and smooth operation of the laboratory.
Here is Dr. Hodges lab link for further information in regards to the research he is conducting. http://www.hodgeslab.org/ Job Duties
- Contributes to a vibrant, friendly, and energetic laboratory environment.
- Interacts with others via effective verbal and written communication.
- Coordinates with vendors, laboratory members, and other BCM staff to place and receive purchases.
- Monitors arrival, organization, and use of laboratory supplies to manage inventory.
- Understands and follows established laboratory procedures related to molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Asks questions, maintains good notes, and communicates outcomes of assigned tasks with other members of the laboratory team.
- Acts proactively to identify and solve problems, and oversees good practice by all members of the laboratory.
- Orients new members to lab policies and trains new members on commonly used techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- The candidate must be able to maintain sterile technique.
- The candidate should have good organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
- Basic computer skills are necessary to place orders through BCM systems.
- Familiarity with molecular biology procedures is preferred but not required.
- Applicants should have some exposure to laboratory techniques, and previous experience related to working in a biological laboratory is preferred but not required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.