At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us. Do you dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- Be responsible for leading the development and commercialization of packaging, across growth (new products, new channels/markets), quality/cost improvement and material sourcing.
- The Packaging Engineer will work closely with operations, marketing, innovation, safety, quality, and procurement teams to identify key opportunities to meet consumer, sustainability, and business needs, ensure Henkel is bringing the best consumer experiences to life and ensure operational efficiency and scalability.
- Test packaging systems and components to assist in the development of packaging specifications for new and existing products.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the qualification and approval processes for new packaging, suppliers, or manufacturing locations.
- Drive systems and processes that will synchronize R&D specifications and requirements with ongoing supplier quality deliverables.
- Interface with suppliers to ensure packaging components meet requirements of design.
- Interface with manufacturing site operations teams and R&D process team to support the planning and implementation of new packaging.
- Anticipate transfer risks and address risks/issues proactively or raise them to team early on.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong tactical mindset to create best practices, a drive to develop new and innovative packaging solutions across channels, and a packaging engineering skill set that can be applied to a fast-paced environment. Knowledge and experience with Six Sigma tools preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in packaging engineering, packaging science or related engineering discipline.
- 3+ years of experience with packaging development and/or engineering, including knowledge and experience with packaging design, quality systems and engineering, plant operations, processing, and packaging equipment. Experience with blow molding & injection molding is highly preferred.
- Clear understanding of the application of a broad range of packaging materials, structural design, printing, and manufacturing processes. Demonstrated design thinking principals and application to the packaging innovation process
The salary for this role is $72,600.00 - $105,200.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Connecticut. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.