At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If youâ€™re up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us. Do you dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- The Senior Applications Engineer will be focused on delivering value to our customers within the Flexible Packaging business, primarily focusing on coatings for films.
- This includes on-site product / technology laminator and coater demonstrations and troubleshooting.
- This role will work closely with the Coatings Business Development teams to evaluate new coatings technologies both internal and external to Henkel.
- The role also includes applications-based technical support at assigned regional customers for films coatings product recommendations, problem solving, complaint handling, and value delivery / quantification projects.
- Serves as lead resource for coating product / technology demos, troubleshooting, and training at customer sites and supports visits with pre- and post-demo documentation and visit reports.
- Collaborates as technical liaison between our customers and our internal team including product development, manufacturing, supply chain, sales, and marketing.
- Demonstrates appropriate project management skills by justifying and scoping customer projects, as well as supporting our market areas by driving our innovation and technology pipeline.
- Conducts laboratory testing as needed.
- Prepares reports to summarize findings & conclusions and effectively communicates technical information directly to internal and external stakeholders.
- Drives innovation and success of new technology platforms for coatings using knowledge and expertise of industry, applications, and customers.
- Provides market-specific expertise through internal and external approaches including involvement in professional societies and industry associations.
- Leads by example in Safety, completing all necessary site and field safety requirements.
- Bachelors in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or similar degree is required, or will consider candidates with significant experience in coatings used in Flexible packaging in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years of coatings, or packaging industry experience is required.
- Experience in the Flexible Packaging industry strongly preferred.
- Hands-on coating and/or converting expertise (mechanical / application equipment aptitude) in coatings technology area is required.
- Excellent people skills; able to work effectively with a range of individuals from manufacturing operators and laboratory technicians through senior management both at customers and within Henkel.
- Excellent project management and organization skills.
- Willing to travel approximately 25-30% primarily in the USA and occasionally MX/CAN.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.