Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
The Senior Lead Investigator is a new position within the Chesterfield Manufacturing Facility (CMF) organization. This position is responsible for completing investigations in support of GMP manufacturing. The CMF is responsible for manufacture of DNA plasmid starting material derived from microbial culture processes, and Regulatory Toxicology supplies in support of Pfizer's gene therapy portfolio. This position will be a part of the newly created CMF Operations Support team.How You Will Achieve It
- Author manufacturing investigations within the CMF quality system
- Oversite of all manufacturing investigations within the CMF quality system
- Lead routine meetings with CMF Operations and Quality to discuss status of open investigations
- Author and manage Change Controls for CMF Operations
- Manage investigation timelines against product dispositions
- Support audits as needed
- Support other CMF documentation needs as needed on a non-routine basis (CAS assessments, audit responses, validation, etc.)
- Provide direction to junior colleagues on work tasks
- BS/BA or MS in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or equivalent.
- 8+ (BS/BA) or 6+ (MS) years of experience in a cGMP Clinical, Commercial Manufacturing, and/or non-cGMP Pilot Manufacturing setting with in-depth expertise of common biotechnology processes including mammalian cell culture or microbial fermentation and associated purification steps.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex processing / product quality issues and ability to make decisions with minimal guidance required.
- Advanced technical writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Ability to self-manage timelines and deliverables
- Advanced interview skills
- Experience with Production Control Systems (i.e. DeltaV), QTS and other business systems (Document Management Systems, LIMS , etc.)
- Prior experience writing cGMP manufacturing investigations
- Demonstrated capability to assemble a matrix cross-functional team
Ability to work in a clean room environment.
Relocation support availablePfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development