Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients. What You Will Achieve
The Technical Assistant's primary responsibility is to provide basic
husbandry, handling, restraint and health surveillance of laboratory animals in
compliance with local regulatory requirements. This individual will also provide daily
record keeping of common laboratory species, their environments, and provide basic
technical assistance (i.e., restraint, injections, bleeds) to other technicians and
researchers. Other more specialized functions, depending on interest and aptitude may
be assigned in the areas of technical and research services How You Will Achieve It
- Perform routine animal husbandry and welfare duties as directed.
- Support research by providing basic technical services (restraint, dose administration, blood collection) to research investigators.
- Required to work with all species across the site (rodents, rabbits, dogs, nonhuman primates) with assignments based on the business needs.
- Supply appropriate food and water for animals housed in the vivarium.
- Clean and provide animal housing and associated materials/equipment within assigned animal rooms.
- Observe and report status of animal health, food and water consumption, appearance, behavior; provide support in animal health monitoring and basic veterinary medical treatment as prescribed by the veterinary staff.
- Observe and record vivarium environmental conditions.
- Perform sanitation duties within assigned animal rooms and vivarium areas.
- Maintain and perform housekeeping of facility support areas.
- Support cage wash equipment operations and maintenance.
- Adhere to Pfizer and departmental safety policies and departmental SOPs and guidelines while demonstrating competency in facility safety protocols.
- Establish and maintain appropriate and quality communication, teamwork, collaboration, and cooperation.
- Basic computer knowledge such as email, online forms, web-based training and other basic programs.
- Is required to work under one or more of the following: the United States Department of Agriculture Animal Welfare Act and associated Regulations and Standards, the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, Good Laboratory Practices, Public Health Service Policy and/or AAALAC accreditation standards.
- High school degree or GED
- All colleagues should have functional knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, calendar management and Internet Explorer.
- Colleagues should be able to use on line systems such as time tracking and document management . (e.g. SharePoint, Activity Tracker)
- Associates in related field
- Some animal experience
- Knowledge and use of other systems based upon job function may be required.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work standing up lifting items above shoulder level for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive physical activities such as: pushing and pulling racks of caging, lifting bags of feed and bedding, reaching, stooping and bending
- A Functional Capacity Evaluation may be required.
- For this position you are expected to enter the nonhuman primate areas as part of your job responsibilities. A pre-hire requirement is either providing proof of measles immunity or receiving the measles vaccination before hire.
- In house TB testing is completed annually.
Other Job Details:
- Weekend and holiday work are required for the job.
- Long term altered week schedule.
- This is an essential personnel role and, in most cases, essential personnel are required to be onsite during an emergency or suspension of operations.
- This is an essential personnel role: Essential Personnel are defined as the staff who are required to report to their designatedwork location, to ensure the operation of essential functions or departments during an emergency, as determined by Pfizer, or when the business has suspended operations. There are some individuals who may be required to perform essential services remotely and those individuals will be identified in advance and notified by their supervisors, but in most cases Essential Personnel are required to be on-site during an emergency or suspension of operations.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: January 26th, 2022
- S ign-On bonus eligible
See aboveNON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
See abovePfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development