Responsible for conducting statistical analyses primarily on large scale, high-dimensional human genetics datasets, such as GWAS and exome sequencing dataset, and for integrating these results with public datasets and biological knowledge databases in order to make inferences informing therapeutic targeting strategies and patient selection. Additional responsibilities will include analysis of clinical outcomes by pre-defined genetic markers. The candidate will ultimately be responsible for ensuring sound statistical thinking and methods are utilized for the design, analysis, and statistical interpretation of such studies, focused on genetics and 'omics datasets utilized by therapeutic areas across Pfizer's R&D unit.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with various scientists in the design, analysis and reporting of genetics and 'omics data, including statistical interpretation of published or internally generated results in order to inform decision-making and identify new targets
- Core member of scientific teams responsible for determining strategy and delivering results in a timely and high-quality environment.
- Interact withintegrative biology leads, pharmacogenomics leads, and external experts to assure sound quantitative approaches are applied to data collection and analysis.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to clinical statisticians. on aspects of pharmacogenomics in clinical trials.
- Ensure rigorous approaches are taken to ensure good scientific practices are followed: excellent statistical methods utilized and documented in protocols, analysis plans and manuscripts, and assay methods are appropriately blinded, randomized and designed to meet clear objectives.
- Integrate genetics across clinical trials in order to make inferences related to personalized medicine using appropriate meta-analysis techniques
- Integrate genetics across public resources in order to make inferences related to portfolio prioritization and new target identification
- Use statistical expertise to influence both internal and external reports and presentations, with the aim to improve the quality of internal decision making and increase our influence on the external environment.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Technical Skill Requirements
- PhD in Statistics or related computational field, or demonstration of sufficient statistical training to be successful in the position, including experience or academic training in statistical genetics
- At least 3+ full years experience applying statistical methods to scientific and/or clinical problems. Pharmaceutical or biotech applications desired
- Demonstrated skill manipulating large datasets and automating such tasks.
- Demonstrated understanding of GWAS and sequence-based analysis.
- Familiarity/expertise in meta-analysis and potential issues surrounding combining results from different studies, both from a design perspective and in terms of subject ascertainment.
- Experience with multivariate statistics and statistical methods to quantify uncertainty in multi-dimensional data, and with QC procedures for GWAS and sequencing data..
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team.
- Must be able to explain statistical techniques and considerations to non-statisticians
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects independently, including working with other lines to prioritize tasks and gain consensus on deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and act upon strategic imperatives of organization and partner lines.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Must have R or SAS programming skills and familiarity with a Linux/UNIX environment
- Knowledge or proficiency in PLINK, ability to use genetic imputation software such as MACH ,IMPUTE, minimac, or imputation servers such a UMich or TopMed, and awareness of the latest techniques in sequence-based analysis and other genetics tools will be extremely helpful
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral BonusPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.