Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
As a Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be part of the Cell Culture Team (CCT) in High-throughput Clinical Immunoassays and Diagnostics (HCID) to provide high-quality cultured eukaryotic cells to various laboratories within Pfizer Vaccines Research and Development (VRD) to support the research and development of our extensive vaccines pipeline.
With your deep knowledge in the discipline, you will be an active team member who influences at the project team level. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience and consulting others. Your ability to plan will help in preparing short-term work activities on projects.You will undertake mentoring activities to guide your team members.
It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Perform standard aseptic cell culture techniques under BSL2 conditions.
- Grow, expand and supply different types of adherent or suspension cell lines as needed for assay development and regulated testing and helping to improve cell production processes to accommodate the increasing demand for cells.
- Contribute topreparing, qualifying and maintaining inventory of various reagents for cell culture and assay work.
- Monitor the performance of HL-60 cells, evaluate data and provide clear reports that can be shared and transferred to and from cross-functional teams.
- Pay attention to detail, strictly adhere to safety protocols, and use knowledge of basic laboratory procedures to advance projects under rapidly shifting priorities and timelines.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6+ years of experience
- Substantial experience withmammalian cell culture techniques under BSL2 conditions
- Presents experimental results at group meetings and project meetings, andprepares progress reports
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with other scientists, both within the group and in other groups
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Master's degree and 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with flow cytometry
- Industry experience preferred
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Hands-on experience with cell culture, sterile technique, microscopy, and flow cytometry.
- Uses the functional (cell biology, flow cytometry, microbiology) and technical skills/experience to deliver high quality results.
- Work is primarily performed at the laboratory bench and at an office desk using a computer.
- The job involves lifting relatively light loads, not more than 10 pounds.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and relevant scientific software, including graphing/statistical analysis tools like JMP or GraphPad Prism is expected.
- The capacity to work effectively in a team-oriented environment on several research programs simultaneously with aggressive timelines and excellence in multi-tasking.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented individual capable of keeping laboratory inventories up to date.
Other Job Details
- This position requires occasional weekend work to meet critical timelines.
- Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Eligible for Relocation Package Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development