Pfizer's Rare Disease Research Unit (RDRU) is focused on developing therapies for rare inherited diseases, including benign hematologic and renal disorders. The successful candidate will be a part of a new and rapidly growing collaborative research effort in the rare hematology disease research team focused on the progression of therapies to treat life threatening diseases such as hemophilia, sickle cell disease and beta-thalassemia, as well building rare renal disorder portfolio. As such, t his role is ideally suited for a candidate looking to expand their interdisciplinary skills. T he successful candidate will collaborate effectively with scientific partners representing diverse disciplines. She/he will have extensive experience with biochemical and cell-based evaluation of hemostasis and hematopoiesis as well as interest in renal disorders. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering high quality data and is expected to have excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and presentation skills . KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, execute and interpret experiments, with a high degree of reliability and independence to advance development of therapies for rare hematologic diseases and support exploratory research in renal diseases
- Organize and conduct rigorous in vivo/ ex vivo/ in vitro studies and a ccurately document experimental procedures and results in a timely manner
- Keep up to date with novel technologies, scientific developments to proactively identify testable hypotheses
- Effectively adapt as part of a dynamic team and collaborate with internal scientists
- BS or MS or recent Ph.D. graduate in biomedical science, biology, pharmacology, molecular biology or a related discipline and 4+ (MS) or 6+ (BS) years of relevant experience.
- Hands on experience with culturing cell lines as well as primary cells.
- Familiarity with histology staining, imaging, and histopathology evaluation.
- Experience with standard cell and molecular biology methods including but not limited to genetic knockdown by RNP (CRISPR-Cas9) or lentivirus (shRNA) and plasmid transfections, immunoassays such as ELISA and western blotting and flow cytometry, and gene expression analyses such as quantitative real-time PCR.
- Ability to generate high quality data in a time-sensitive environment and to effectively communicate with internal scientists
- Scientific curiosity, creativity, self-motivation and the ability to work independently including analysis and troubleshooting of experimental results and reviewing literature to formulate new approaches/hypotheses
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Background in hematology or renal biology
- Experience working with organoids or animal models of diseases
- Industry experience
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development