Pfizer Boulder Research is currently seeking a highly motivated and team-oriented candidate for the position of Senior Scientist, in the Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK). The successful candidate will support ADME/PK activities on one or more discovery project teams, facilitating the identification and development of small molecule cancer therapeutics.Role Responsibilities:
- Serve as DMPK subject matter expert on cross-functional teams, providing in vitro and in vivo drug disposition data, interpretation, and presentations
- Assist in the design and coordination of in vivo PK studies in laboratory animals
- Develop LC-MS/MS methods and perform bioanalysis for in vitro and in vivo biological samples
- Perform PK data analysis and interpret results in relation to in vitro ADME data and PK data for compound analogs
- Design and conduct in vitro experiments in liver microsomes or hepatocytes to generate compound metabolites, characterize metabolic pathways, evaluate metabolism kinetics, determine bioactivation mechanisms, etc.
- Identify metabolites from mass spectral data and further characterize potentially pharmacologically active or reactive metabolites
- Provide guidance on chemical modifications that may improve ADME properties
- Prepare documents to support regulatory IND filings
- Evaluate new technology and methodology that advances our understanding of ADME/PK, target-engagement, etc.
Additional Job Information
- Ph.D. degree in pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism, biochemistry, chemistry or other relevant fields
- Candidate should have fundamental understanding of various DMPK areas such as physicochemical properties, PK, drug metabolizing enzyme and transporter kinetics, and mechanisms of bioactivation
- Hands-on experience and strong trouble shooting skills for LC-MS/MS bioanalysis
- The candidate should have extensive experience interpreting mass spectral data to make structural assignments
- Experience with non-compartmental PK analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
For roles based in Colorado:
- Relocation support available
- Eligible for employee referral bonus
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $80.000 to $133,300 . In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 12.5% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development