Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world.What you will Achieve
We are seeking a Senior Associate Scientist at the Bachelor or Master of Science level to join the Pharmacology group within Pfizer Boulder Research (PBR) in Boulder, Colorado. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of scientists, playing a leading role to support the Pharmacology and Toxicology Group. The individual will contribute to in vivo model development, ex vivo and in vitro analyses, and lead optimization of oncology-related programs.
The Senior Associate scientist, working as a key member of the Pharmacology group, will be adept at small animal (primarily rodent) handling techniques and have the basic laboratory skills to evaluate pharmacodynamic endpoints, including cell culture, Western blotting, and ELISA. The ideal applicant will be able to plan and execute experiments, demonstrate problem-solving skills, thrive in a team-oriented environment, and have a commitment to excellence. How You Will Achieve It
- Work within multi-functional teams to support small molecule drug discovery.
- Conduct in vivo pharmacology studies to evaluate PK, PK/PD, efficacy, and therapeutic index.
- Contribute to the development and characterization of new in vivo mouse models, including syngeneic tumor and human cell line/PDX models.
- Interpret, present, and document experiments within an electronic lab notebook.
- Provide written and verbal presentation of results within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in biology, physiology, oncology, immunology, or related field, with 3+ years of relevant laboratory animal handling experience and/or training and industry experience.
- In vivo pharmacology skills with animal models such as animal handling and restraint, compound dosing, tumor implantation, blood and tissue sampling, small animal surgical techniques, or necropsy procedures.
- Ex vivo and in vitro skills, including cell culture or Western blotting.
- Current knowledge of oncology, immuno-oncology, and drug discovery/development.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English.
- Proficiency in all common office and scientific software.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work productively in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and diverse team environment.
- Capability to contribute to a vivid and challenging intellectual environment.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $58,600 to $97,600 . In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 7.5 % of the base salary. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development