Participate in scientific research projects.
- Independently perform all aspects of the experiments, which may include, NA Extraction and QC, Library Preps and Hybridization/Capture.
- Prepare nucleic acid QC reports & sequencing coverage summaries and submit for manager review.
- Under the supervision of the Laboratory manager, evaluate new techniques/reagents and learning new skills to enhance research efforts.
- Be able to learn LIMS system (MOCLIA) and generate multiple reports as needed.
- Participate in laboratory automation.
- Plan and train other laboratory personnel on new laboratory techniques, the use of laboratory equipment, and safety procedures.
- Monitor and anticipate laboratory inventory in terms of equipment and supplies.
- Maintain good, detailed experimental records, evaluate resulting research data, and present findings.
- Prepare scientific documents for publication.
- Responsible for overall laboratory safety to pass yearly laboratory safety inspection by MDACC Environmental Health and Safety.
- Attends weekly lab meetings and take notes.
- Work closely and maintain good working relationship with other staff members.
- Perform NGS assays.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: PhD in one of the natural sciences or related field or Medical degree.
Required: With PhD, no experience required. With Medical degree, two years of experience in experimental or scientific work.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html