A Postdoctoral Associate position in Pharmaceutical Sciences is immediately available in Dr. Jiashu Xie’s lab at the Center for Drug Design, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota. The successful candidate will be working on a project focusing on new combination strategies for cancer therapy.
Information about the Center for Drug Design (CDD) and research in Dr. Jiashu Xie’s lab is available on the CDD website: https://drugdesign.umn.edu/.
- Design and perform cell culture and cell-based assays, biochemical assays, fluorescence / confocal imaging, and / or LC-MS/MS bioanalysis to test new combination strategies for cancer therapy.
- Design and conduct experiments in mice models to evaluate the efficacy and safety of new chemotherapy regimens.
- Properly collect, interpret, manage, and present research data. Must be able to write manuscripts.
- Perform assigned lab duties related to lab maintenance and operation.
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences / Pharmacology or other related fields, with prior experience in cancer pharmacology / biology, and the ability to write manuscripts.
- Experience in animal experiments and / or LC-MS/MS bioanalysis.
- The majority of the work in this position is performed in a wet biochemistry/pharmacology lab.
Interested candidates should submit a PDF package with a cover letter, CV, and names / info for three references to Dr. Jiashu Xie via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.