Postdoctoral positions in synthetic chemistry are available in the TENG laboratory at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX), an interdisciplinary group using medicinal chemistry, chemical biology, and molecular cell biology for early-stage drug discovery efforts, with a primary focus on deciphering several targets associated with cancer disease. Successful candidates with a proven track record in organic synthesis, as well as high motivation, creative thinking, and excellent communication skill, are expected to work with the team to push the boundaries of cancer chemical biology.Job Duties
- Complies with the intellectual property compliance requirements of the institute and laboratory.
- Honest with any raw experimental data.
- Conducts literature searches and information summaries in a well-organized format.
- Designs practical synthetic routes for complex molecules.
- Delivers target molecules in a timely and efficient manner.
- Documents and presents experimental results in a professional manner.
- Prepares and gives impressive seminar talks as required by the department.
- Completes other tasks assigned by the department with high quality.
- Participates in collaboration with biological scientists throughout the academic community.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Strong ability to perform both self-directed and guided research.
- Strong ability to successfully work as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Rapid learning and understanding skills in the following fields:
- medicinal chemistry,
- chemical biology,
- molecular cell biology,
- structural biology,
- computational science,
- genetic engineering,
- drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics,
- murine modeling.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN