At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us. Do you dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- Self-starter with strong initiative.
- Conceive innovative routes in new product development.
- Employ sound experimental designs to effectively develop new materials for electronic applications.
- Design, develop, execute and support on-time commercialization of new adhesive formulations and products.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on research projects for internal teams, management, customers and technical conferences.
- Directly interact and communicate with external customers and respond to customer requests in timely fashion.
- Effectively work in cross functional teams across different time zones with members from product development, project management, application engineering, process engineering, marketing and sales.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Understand state-of-art technology advancement and apply it to product development.
- Generate new intellectual properties.
- Actively search for new ideas and technology from within or outside.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
- Recognize sources of problems; absorb new information easily; expose gaps in logic and contradictions; develop effective solutions to technical roadblocks.
- Perform all laboratory work in a safe manner and comply with all regulations, safety precautions, PPE requirements, and 5S processes.
- Guide and mentor junior chemists as needed.
- Master's or PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Sciences, Materials Science, or in any other related scientific areas, is highly preferred.
- Candidate with B.S. degree and a strong track record of >10 years of successful Product Development in the relevant area may be considered.
- Minimum 1-5 years of experience in the areas of thermoset materials, adhesive formulations, electronic materials, or semiconductor packaging is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Proven ability to invent and innovate, and strong ability to design and implement experiments are needed.
- Professional laboratory skills are essential. Synthetic organic chemistry experience required.
- The ability to work autonomously on multiple projects is needed.
The salary for this role is $95,900.00 - $130,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Connecticut. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.