At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If youâ€™re up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us. Do you dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- The Engineering Director will lead and manage all functions and activities of the Plant Engineering team. This position will partner with key plant and corporate stakeholders to implement and drive best practices in safety, engineering, maintenance, process engineering, reliability, environmental, and technology.
- Engineering responsibilities include the development, implementation, and administration of the plants' annual and long-term capital plans through leadership of the plant engineering team.
- Lead and manage team of Site Engineers and Project Managers to deliver the sites aggressive engineering work load, including capacity growth projects, productivity projects and Safety and Quality projects
- Lead the development of a 5-year capital plan for the assigned plant overlaying the infrastructure needs of the facility with the growth, innovation and reconfiguration requirements
- In collaboration with plant engineering team and stakeholders, lead the development of technical scope of work necessary to support business requirements, manage timeline and budget requirements to support all projects
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration in order to ensure project definition addresses business needs while conforming to constraints as defined by customers, stakeholders and sponsors
- Develop resource plans to ensure projects are staffed for success.This includes engaging external engineering services as needed to supplement team, ramping up capability where necessary
- Provide plant input to assist Henkel engineering in defining and refining technical specifications for equipment.Support FAT, commissioning and qualification of equipment as needed.
- Work with plant and supply chain to support least cost sourcing and regional supply strategy based on fixed asset capacity and flexibility constraints.Provide feedback to help determine additional fixed asset requirement to support growth and overall supply strategy.
- Provide input to Regional Engineering for the development and maintenance of the plant capacity and capability model.In collaboration with Regional Engineering, overlay different manufacturing scenarios in order to evaluate different capital scenarios to support growth and innovation.
- Partner with plant leadership to develop operations readiness programs for all capital projects - ensure that the plant is ready to run the equipment at the same time engineering gets the equipment ready to run.This includes ensuring that SOP's are written, LOTO documents, quality control program is updated, training materials are developed, 5S, storage locations and material flow is defined, CMMS is updated, etc.
- Manage budgets and cash flow forecasting for capital projects; Partner with finance and plant leadership in developing project justifications
- Ensures that engineering scope on projects comply with all code and regulatory requirement
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred in technical area (Chemistry or Engineering), with 7-10+ years of experience in roles with project management and leadership responsibilities within a manufacturing or supply chain organization, preferably in Consumer Products industry. Experience working in a manufacturing plant required
- Experience designing equipment and processes with the end user in mind to ensure vertical start up (VSU) and optimal performance.
- Experience writing equipment specifications with performance guarantees, including factory and site acceptance testing.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, high complexity and large projects simultaneously; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization; effective presentation skills
- Comprehensive working knowledge of project management, writing capital projects, and leadership of engineering disciplines & Teams
- Familiar with OSHA, NEC, NFPA, FM/Chubb requirements and EPA regulations
- Effective abilities in organizing and deductive thinking; strong interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment
- SAP experience preferred
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.