Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most.What You Will AchieveROLE SUMMARY
Pfizer is currently developing COVID-19 and influenza vaccines based on mRNA technology as well as vaccines using other approaches. In partnership with the Director of Viral Vaccines, the individual will work in the next generation of RNA vaccines and other modalities. This is a laboratory-based position in the Viral Vaccines group (Research).
As a Senior Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations. You will be recognized as a technical expert and a scientific contributor. With your deep knowledge of the discipline, you will be an active team member whose decisions impact the project. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience. You will be forecasting and planning resource requirements for your project team. Your creativity in developing novel processes and new ideas will be used frequently. You will undertake mentoring activities to guide team members.
It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Extensive molecular biology experience including cloning , sequencing analysis, DNA/RNA isolation, In vitro transcription, RT-qPCR, RNA manipulation and data analysis.
- Experience in standard cell culture techniques under BSL2 conditions including transfection, electroporation...etc.
- Analysis of protein expression in cells using FACS, Western-Blot and immunofluorescence among other techniques.
- Other cell-based assays including luciferase expression, ELISA, Luminex, etc.
- Assist in all virology experiments including generation of viruses and virology assays.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Candidate should have a PhD in virology or molecular biology with at least 3+ years of relevant experience
- Highly skilled in molecular biology
- Experience on RNA structure and/or knowledge of innate immune responses highly desirable
- Ability to work well in sight of aggressive timelines and excellence in multitasking
- Highly organized, detail-oriented individual
- Demonstrate curiosity and creative desire to answer scientific questions
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral BonusPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development