Job Summary: The laboratory of Dr. Yogesh Gupta (http://ccri.uthscsa.edu/YGupta.html) at Greehey Children’s Cancer Research Institute, the University of Texas Health at San Antonio, TX is seeking an enthusiastic research scientist to study protein-nucleic acid interactions in infectious diseases and pediatric cancers.
- Primary responsibility: Large-scale expression and purification of recombinant proteins from insect and mammalian cells using conventional chromatography.
- Biochemical and biophysical characterization of nucleic acid enzymes and their interaction with small molecules and nucleic acid substrates using isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC), surface plasmon resonance (SPR), and microscale thermophoresis (MST) techniques.
- Maintain pediatric cancer cell lines and perform phenotypic screening in presence of new anti-cancer agents. Screen small molecule libraries for protein-drug interactions.
- Assist PI in the preparation of research reports for presentations and publications. Work closely with the PI, other lab staff concerning scientific, research, and administrative matters.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry or structural biology, cell biology, cancer biology, with relevant experience in pathways and drug discovery.
- Two (2) years of related experience is required.
Interested candidate candidates can apply directly through HR website of the UT Health San Antonio (https://uthscsa.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/research-scientist-6174). Please search this job under staff positions with the Job code: 21001996)
Informal inquiries can be made directly via email to Dr. Yogesh Gupta (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)