Research Tech - Senior
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Full Time (Up to 1 day remote/week)
A full-time position is available for a highly motivated senior research technician to examine translational aspects of this disease. The laboratory uses a variety of biochemical, cell biology, and translational approaches to identify new therapeutic targets and develop preclinical models. The position offers the opportunity to eventually lead research efforts along with responsibility for high-throughput screening and routine laboratory tasks. This highly integrated goal-oriented Center provides an unprecedented opportunity to change the way anti-cancer therapeutics are discovered and developed. For more information on the Center and its background please visit our dedicated website at www.bingcenterforwm.org
- Set up, adjust, calibrate, clean, maintain and troubleshoot equipment.
- Clean, maintain and prepare supplies and work areas and may be responsible for ordering of supplies. Collaborates with Purchasing and may be responsible for negotiating with vendors.
- Conduct standardized biological, microbiological, or biochemical tests and laboratory analyses, including the collection of information and samples from organic substances, such as blood, drugs, and animals.
- Isolate, identify and prepare specimens for examination.
- Analyze experimental data and interpret results to write reports and summaries of findings, including grant preparation and presentations, and look for opportunities to co-author publications. May be expected to participate in formal and information presentations of results to staff.
- Participate in grant application process and manuscript preparation as required.
- Maintains detailed notebook of all work-related activities.
- Monitors laboratory work to ensure compliance with Environmental Health and Safety information as well as the standard operation procedures specific to each laboratory.
- Expected to provide intellectual and interactive commitment to position by keeping up with appropriate literature and research publications.
- May be responsible for the development, modification, and improvement of standard operating procedures.
- Uses computers, computer-interfaced equipment, robotics, or high-technology applications to perform work duties.
- May be responsible for designing and executing advanced experiments and setting strategy.
- May be responsible for the examination of animals and specimens to detect the presence of disease or other problems.
- May be responsible for monitoring laboratory budgets.
- Previous experience in mammalian cell culture, western blotting, immuno-precipitation, immuno-fluorescence staining
- Ability to do ELISA and flow cytometry
- Analysis in cell viability including MTT assay and apoptosis
- Basic molecular cloning techniques including DNA and RNA isolation
- PCR and quantitative PCR
- Synthesis of constructs utilizing genomic and cDNA clones
- Requirement of Transfection, knockdown using siRNAs and shRNAs are necessary.
- BS Required: MS in biological sciences, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field/experience
- A minimum of 2-4 years research experience in academic and/or pharmaceutical/biotech environment
- Team player with excellent communication skills, organization, and group project participation
- Perform other duties as requested by principal investigator.
To learn more and to apply, please visit: https://careers.dana-farber.org/researchtechnician_senior2
About Dana-Farber Cancer Institute:
Located in the heart of the medical area, the Treon Lab in the Bing Center for Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia (BCWM) within the Dana Farber Cancer Institute is dedicated to the discovery of the lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma called Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.