The Research Scientist is a key member of the Pre-clinical Immunology Group within the Research Department.
He/she will be responsible for:
• Planning, executing, and analyzing studies to support Immunology pipeline
• Performing in vitro and in vivo experiments (Hard core bench)
• Propose strategies and design of proof-of-concept studies focused on immunomodulation combined with gene therapy.
• Writing study reports, manuscripts, and presenting results at appropriate scientific meetings.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Perform experiments described above and provide training to other team members
- Design experiments, organize, discuss, and record experimental data
- Generate technical reports, prepare presentation slides, generate novel concepts Training, lab meetings and administration work
• Typically has a PhD in a scientific discipline and 1-2 years of related experience (preferably hands-on research experience with immunological models/assays
• May also have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and significant related experience- generally 8+ years. Individual experience may vary based on skillset and expertise.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
• In-depth knowledge of immunology supported by publication record is required, and previous experience with AAV is a plus.
• Hands-on experience in utilizing genetic engineering or gene-editing approaches
• Prior experience in working with syngeneic mouse models
• Proficiency in isolating and studying immune cells from human and mouse blood
• Experience with in vitro immunological assays such as Elispot, Flow cytometry etc.
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities
• Proven ability to work independently in hands-on laboratory setting, self-motivated to learn and develop new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
Complexity and Problem Solving
• Works on complex problems of diverse scope
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods/techniques for obtaining solutions
• Work is performed under minimal direction
• Participates in determining objectives of assignments
• Plans, schedules, and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives
• Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, standards
• Responsible and detail-oriented working practice is needed. Ability to prioritize work stream to meet complex deadlines for multiple simultaneous projects
Please be aware that Spark mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Nearest Major Market:
Join the Spark Team
We were born of innovation, springing from the curiosity, imagination and dedication of remarkable scientists and healthcare visionaries. Our shared mission is to challenge the inevitability of genetic disease by discovering, developing, and delivering treatments in ways unimaginable - until now.
We don't follow footsteps. We create the path.