Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best - in - class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
When you join Pfizer, you'll be joining a company and team with a desire to bring new, cutting edge medicines to patients around the world.
As a Senior Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be recognized as a technical expert and a scientific contributor. With your deep knowledge of the discipline, you will be an active team member whose decisions impact the project. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience. You will be forecasting and planning resource requirements for your project team. Your creativity in developing novel processes and new ideas will be used frequently. You will undertake mentoring activities to guide team members.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
This position resides in the Worldwide Packaging Development group within the Formulation and Process Design (FPD) line of Drug Product Design (DPD). Common interactions for this role include:
How You Will Achieve It ROLE SUMMARY
- Partner Pharmaceutical Science lines (such as Analytical R&D, Chemical R&D, Global CMC, Drug Product Supply, etc.) as member of the Pharmaceutical Science Project Team.
- Packaging component/material and equipment vendors
- Drug product clinical and commercial manufacturing site colleagues
We are seeking a senior packaging engineer to work in the R&D pharmaceutical dosage form packaging group in Groton, CT, USA. The focus of the position is on supporting solid, liquids and topical, dosage packaging development projects for new pharmaceutical products for the global market, including component/material screening and selection, package design, tooling design and construction, testing, qualification, and support of regulatory filings. The position will involve a combination of laboratory experimental work, documentation, and interaction with project teams, manufacturing sites, and vendors.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Packaging engineer for small-molecule development projects (pediatrics, solids, topicals)
- Applies advance knowledge of e development of combination products to support design history file and related content.
- Consulting packaging subject matter expert for project teams working on development plans, experiments, component sourcing and regulatory filings
- Create, develop, implement, and refine novel packaging technologies and adapts standard methods and techniques independently
- Author and review packaging development and regulatory documentation
- Maintain network key partners in partner lines (formulation, regulatory, quality, supply chain, analytical)
- Mentor technical initiatives of packaging team members
- Maintain and apply expert knowledge of packaging science and related regulatory landscape
- Publish research in reputed scientific journals and give presentations at national and international conferences.
- Develop strategic collaborations with academic and industrial researchers for addressing gaps in fundamental or applied science related to the packaging designs/options.
- A BS/MS degree in Packaging Science, Material Science, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Engineering or related field with 7-10 years experience in packaging development .
- A BS or MS degree in Packaging Science or Engineering with 10+ years experience in pharmaceutical packaging development.
- Material manufacturing and converting, product/packaging interaction, barrier properties, stability modeling, global pharmaceutical packaging regulations, and package testing and problem solving preferred. Knowledge of manufacturing and quality attributes for packaging components preferred. Strong interpersonal skills to support building productive relationships with suppliers and colleagues required. Experience working in matrix teams preferable. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong priority setting skills and track record of developing and implementing new packaging designs.
This position requires the typical physical demands of a general scientific laboratory environment with respect to generally standing during experimental execution and sitting and working at a computer during documentation/team meetings for work.NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Travel domestically and internationally approximately 5-10% (post pandemic).
Relocation support availablePfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development