Responsible for representing PDM (DMPK) in drug discovery projects and providing strategic direction to project teams from idea to new drug application (NDA). ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for representing PDM in drug discovery projects and providing strategic direction to project teams from idea to NDA. Works with bioanalytical and ADME scientists to design appropriate experiments in support of project teams. Interfaces with biomarker scientists, PK/PD modelers and Research Unit partners to develop the translational pharmacology plan, pharmacokinetics predictions and dose projections for small molecule therapeutics. As PDM representative to the discovery project team, he/she will synthesize the PDM knowledge and influence the preclinical project plans and optimization of the therapeutic in a resource responsible manner. The project representative will interface with the asset development team to support the design and interpretation of ADME, drug interaction and special population PK studies, to prepare the regulatory dossier and respond to reviewer queries. The candidate will also partner with other PDM scientists to advance the ADME science and strategies for prosecuting small molecule projects. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD level education with 0-3 years (or MS/BS with 8 or more years) in a relevant field.
- A strong record of scientific achievement and excellent communication skills as demonstrated through publications and presentations.
- General knowledge of biochemistry, biotransformation and/or physical organic chemistry.
- Understanding of bioanalytical sciences generally by LC-MS/MS.
- Basic knowledge of Pharmacokinetics and drug disposition.
- Basic understanding of ADME and in vitro drug metabolizing enzymes and transporters.
Additional Job Information:
- General understanding of drug discovery disciplines (e.g., organic/medicinal chemistry, drug metabolism & pharmacokinetics, biochemistry, and pharmacology) with a research experience in at least one area/discipline
- Collaborative skills and effective partnering skills in a complex, multi-discipline organizational model.
- Mechanistic modeling/simulation of pharmacokinetics (e.g. WinNonLinn or SimCYP) experience preferred.
- Integrating PDM discipline knowledge to help guide ADME strategy decisions.
- General understanding of PK/PD modeling and its application to advance projects.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Relocation Support Available
- Eligible for employee referral bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development