The Research Statistician will plan and coordinate, in consultation with a supervisory statistician, a variety of vaccine research projects, leveraging knowledge of statistical design of experiments, strong programming and data management skills, and the ability to interpret and effectively communicate results from research studies. You will follow the direction of a supervisory statistician in developing appropriate research designs, coordinating with research scientists to implement these designs, and interpreting statistical findings to support key research activities including reagent qualifications, stability evaluations, QCS analyses, proficiency panel analyses, and DART studies
You will be a strong advocate for statistical principles and statistical thinking while actively supporting cross functional vaccine initiatives. These activities could be in a consultative role, supporting process development and improvement initiatives, and/or providing strategic advice regarding the direction of research programs. You will also stay current on recent developments and technological advancements in statistics. You will be a respected individual in your area of expertise, and collaborate effectively with different cross functional groups.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide scientifically rigorous input into research designs, statistical analysis plans, and interpretation of statistical results.
- Provide planning and communication of statistical analyses, data presentations and scientific reports.
- Be accountable for timeliness and quality of statistical deliverables on assigned projects. Ensure that all statistical activities are conducted in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and Pfizer standards.
- Develop technical expertise in key technology platforms (e.g. Reagent Qualification, Stability).
- Keep informed of developments in new statistical/programming methodology and statistically related guidelines and regulations.
- Support optimization of vaccine statistics business processes, in collaboration with other statisticians within the unit and within other Pfizer statistics organizations, to ensure quality and consistency of statistical approaches across research projects and make best use of resources.
- MS in Statistics, Biostatistics or related discipline with a minimum of 1 year of related experience in a research and development setting or BS with a minimum of 5 years related experience in a research and development setting.
- Ability to determine appropriate methods of analysis and best ways to present results for assigned projects.
- Proficient in SAS Programming and experience insuring the accuracy of programs developed and executed to generate statistical analyses.
- Strong quantitative, problem-solving, computer and conceptual skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Effective verbal and written communication skillsn.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Ability to perform mathematical and statistical calculations
- Ability to perform complex data analysis
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.