Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
The Immunogenicity Sciences Group within the BioMedicine Design (BMD) department is seeking an experienced Immunogenicity Principal Scientist to work within our team on immunogenicity risk assessment and mitigation activities for a range of biologics projects across a diverse array of therapeutic modalities.
Responsibilities for this role will include leadership to collaborate with Research Units, Clinical teams, Clinical Pharmacology, Drug Safety and Pharmaceutical Sciences to deliver immunogenicity risk assessment and mitigation strategies for biologics. Risk assessments will include incorporation of data generated in house and at contract research organizations (CROs) to enable project milestone delivery
The role will advance key platform technologies across multiple projects, in collaboration with BMD immunogenicity scientists, protein engineers and project team representatives. This includes pursuing strategic alliance & external collaborations to access novel technologies for risk assessment, mitigation and/or reduction.How You Will Achieve It
- Generation and interpretation of immunogenicity data to inform immunogenicity risk and mitigation plans in support of Pfizer biologics portfolio projects from idea to proof of concept
- Investigates novel techniques or technologies to advance, improve or optimize scientific practices and procedures; Actively pursues innovation to improve assay quality, efficiency, cost effectiveness and appropriateness of assay
- Set example and serve as a mentor for Scientists of all levels within a matrix organization; contribute to a change-agile, high performing culture of innovation, impact, trust, accountability, and mutual respect.
- Represents the Immunogenicity Sciences group at various projects teams during non-clinical and clinical development phase
- Communicates advances in the discipline to key stakeholders within BMD, Worldwide Research Development and Medicine and in the external environment, including influence of and alignment with regulatory guidelines
- PhD level education with 4+ years of industry experience in biologics development
- Proven track record of scientific achievement in the field of immunology; understanding of perturbations of the immune system in diseases as diverse as cancer and auto-immunity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work efficiently in a matrix environment
- Experienced in management of complex scientific activities aligned with broader strategic goals related to immunogenicity of biotherapeutics
- Experience integrating immunogenicity discipline knowledge into broader project team goals
- Proven presentation skills demonstrated through internal and external presentations on own work at conferences; track record in publishing own work and through collaborations
- Proven ability to manage change
Technical Skill Requirements
- Extensive hands-on experience with a variety of human immune cell functional in vitro assays, including magnetic beads cell separation, and flow cytometry
- Understand and have broad experience with state-of-the-art immunogenicity tools, analytical platforms, with direct experience in assay design and study support
- Track record of method development skills
- Ability to work independently, including data analysis and report
- Scientific curiosity, initiative
- Solid familiarity with biotherapeutic structure, pharmacology, disposition and immunogenicity
- Project management; collaborative skills in a complex, multi-discipline organization
- Demonstrated experience in supervision of scientists
- Able to identify opportunities for continuous improvements
- Excellent interpersonal and skills.Ability to excel in a collaborative, fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong adaptability to changing work assignments and priorities
- Strong leadership in building and maintaining interactions characterized by a high performing culture of innovation, impact, trust, change agility, accountability, and mutual respect. The position requires an individual who will thrive in a team
- High degree of self-awareness; uses business acumen to get things done
- Grows others; acknowledges contributions across the team
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform complex data analysis
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply: January 31, 2022
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development