A full-time position at the Lee Kong Chian School is Medicine is open for a Professor of Metabolic Medicine, Nutrition and Diabetes Research. Reporting to the Dean and Vice Dean (Research), the appointee is expected to undertake high quality research in the area of Nutrition, Metabolism and Health, in line with the research strategy of the School. The appointee will obtain research funding and supervise research staff and students. The appointee is also expected to undertake teaching and educational responsibilities for the training of medical students and postgraduate research students.
- MBBS/MD (Clinically qualified) and/or PhD
- Relevant postdoctoral experience
- Significant experience and outstanding, world-class track record in research and teaching with a high level of scientific achievement, productivity and impact in the field of Metabolic Medicine, Nutrition and Diabetes Research
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior faculty members, research and clinical staff
- Good communication skills, collaborative and able to build and sustain effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Recognises the importance of translating research findings into clinical practice and policy
- Fully conversant with patient-centred approach to modern medicine and the use of new technologies in both education and patient care
- Willing to participate in postgraduate and undergraduate education and training
- Experience and desire to participate in postgraduate and undergraduate education and training
- Track record of having supervised graduate students to successful completion of PhDs, as main supervisor
Interested applicants are invited to apply to Associate Professor Andrew Tan, Vice Dean, Faculty Affairs, for the above position with a detailed resume at the link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.