Provide scientific leadership and technical support for Pfizer clinical and non-clinical projects. This is a science-based position with limited managerial and administrative responsibilities. The applicant will work with teams in many therapeutic areas across the enterprise, on both clinical and non-clinical applications. Emphasis will be on application of artificial intelligence (AI) systems and predictive modelling techniques across the drug development continuum using structured and unstructured data sources, including image-based data, real-world data, and data from unstructured text (e.g., adverse event reporting). The applicant is expected to develop effective collaborations with relevant stakeholders including bench scientists, study statisticians, clinicians, development operations, pharmaceutical sciences, regulatory and safety.
The responsibilities and effort for the position are divided approximately equally between project-specific collaboration, longer-term methodological research to support drug development, training, and external activities.
The successful candidate will:
• Support the development and implementation of techniques based on state-of-the-art research and seek creative solutions through collaborations and interactions with other experts in drug development.
• Provide external influence through collaborative partnership, scholarship and professional networking with academic, government and industry statisticians and software engineers
• Increase expertise amongst Pfizer statisticians through dissemination of new AI and machine learning methodologies and training on software to implement these approaches. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide AI/ML advice on complex problems supporting Pfizer projects.
- Develop, implement, and promote methodologies based on state-of-the-art computing research and dissemination of the results both internally and externally.
- Provide consultation on potential AI opportunities to stakeholders in Statistics, Discovery, Clinical Development, and Medical Affairs.
- Provide a strong presence for Pfizer with regulatory and professional organizations to influence knowledge generation and content of regulatory guidelines to support the adaption of new AI methods.
- Develop effective collaborations with relevant non-statistical researchers (such as, Clinical, Pharmacology, Development Operations, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Safety).
- Stay current with research on AI methodology and its applications pertinent to the Pfizer business needs.
- Be up-to-date on training and compliance with all Pfizer SOPs as required based on the assigned curriculum.
- Translate business requirements into tangible solution specifications and high quality, on time deliverables
- Effectively use tools to manipulate and create large-scale databases from internal and external sources, to enhance business use cases.
- Postgraduate AI/ML related qualification (Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science/Engineering)
- Python or R fluency
- Minimum 2-3 years-experience working in AI/ML Candidates with less work experience, or experience in other fields, will also be considered if they have exceptional methodology research credentials and potential.
- Familiarity with standard supervised and unsupervised machine learning approaches
- Eagerness and self-starter to leverage and apply the latest research to real problems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in relating to colleagues and associates both inside and outside the organization.
- Masters/PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics or Computer Science/Engineering
- Ability to complement the team with new approaches such as network analysis, knowledge graphs, graph neural networks, etc. would be highly desired
- Experience working in scalable computing would be a valuable supplement (AWS, Spark, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience in data visualization, user interfaces (Flask, Shiny, etc.), data pipelines and MLOps are a plus
- Experience as a technical consultant working between those with and without AI experience
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical area and chemistry/biology familiarity
- Broad-based understanding of AI, statistical theory and their application.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies and tools for AI/ML/Data Science/ Data Analytics/Statistics /; able to evaluate and leverage them into improved business processes for deployment and adoption.
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.