Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
As an Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will have the important role to generate high-quality immunoassay data in a regulated Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) setting to support Pfizer's vaccine programs according to Standard Operating Procedures. You will support the technology transfer and integration of new laboratory immunoassays and diagnostic assays into the cGLP space, support assay validation projects and monitor immunoassay lifecycle. In addition, you will also support throughput activities and provide testing support for clinical and non-clinical research programs.
Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Perform manual and automated robotic Luminex and diagnostic assays to support vaccine clinical development in a high-throughput setting.
- Assist in updating and writing documents associated with diagnostic immunoassays, including information/data archiving, Standard Operating Procedure and status reports.
- Assist in ordering supplies from internal inventory and prepare reagents/supplies necessary for diagnostic assay work.
- Perform aliquoting, labeling, and initial qualification of reagents.
- Execute sample testing and analysis for toxicology and clinical trials.
- Maintain a detailed inventory of freezer reagents such as controls, proficiency panels, reference standards, etc.
- Collect and analyze data on a per project basis to support troubleshooting, qualification and other time-sensitive laboratory projects.
- Provide critical data review of clinical and non-clinical data.
- Present progress on sample analysis and clinical and non-clinical data to colleagues and senior management.
- Interact with external vendors to obtain quotes and purchase reagents for clinical testing.
- Exercise and build inter- and intra- team effectiveness and communication skills.
- Maintain compliance and stay current on all departmental and corporate training.
- Conduct clinical assays in accordance with Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) requirements.
- Perform job responsibilities in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices/ Good Laboratory.
- Practice (cGMP/GLP) and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of science
- Laboratory experience in a relevant field of science
- Strong attention to detail and ability to collaborate and work in team environment
- Good Computer skills including word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnological drug discovery experience
- Knowledge of Luminex technology
- Basic understanding of common statistical calculations
- Hands-on experience with pipetting, performing simple calculations, and basic problem-solving
- Interest in automation technology
Able to perform basic mathematical calculations and common statistical calculations.
Work is primarily performed at the laboratory bench and at an office desk using a computer. NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This position requires occasional weekend work to meet critical timelines.OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development