Pfizer's Worldwide Medical and Safety is looking for a transdisciplinary Biomedical Informatics Scientist to provide leadership and expertise in projects focused on population health, precision medicine, genomics, disease drivers that contribute to health disparities and outcomes. The incumbent will work closely with WMS leadership and scientists to deliver high quality data analysis, in a variety of therapeutic areas within the Institute of Translational and Equitable Medicine (ITEM). ITEM spans three key dimensions: Science, Development, and Medical, and leverages science, large scale data sets, and translational expertise to close gaps in health disparities and outcomes. In addition to data analysis the incumbent will support the development of proposals, internal documents and external publications and will become an integral member of our Integrative Biology Leadership team. The ideal candidate will have broad expertise in working with large-scale data sets covering disease target identification, advanced data analysis, gene signatures, omics, biomarkers multi-cohort analysis and computational science.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate and partner closely with cross-functional leaders, scientists, and epidemiologists across research units to design and analyze large and complex data sets that inform disease drivers, health disparities and outcomes.
- Develop and apply innovative quantitative and statistical methods to help drive biomedical informatics and precision medicine programs within Pfizer.
- Ensure rigorous quantitative approaches are taken to ensure high quality data that will be utilized in protocols, analysis plans, regulatory documents and manuscripts.
- Serve as a leader under the umbrella of the Institute of Translational and Equitable Medicine (ITEM).
- Understands precision medicine, target biology, gene signatures, omics, biomarkers multi-cohort analysis study endpoints and development of fit-for-purpose informatics models.
- Becomes a leader representing the science in WMS and becomes an integral member of the Integrative Biology Leadership team.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact. Basic Qualifications
- Ph.D and/or M.D degree in Biomedical Informatics or comparable quantitative field with 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Broad range of experience in biology and precision medicine is essential.
- Understanding of translational science, equitable medicine, disease drivers.
- Understanding of data linkage between genomic data and electronic healthcare data.
- Capability to provide quantitative and statistical direction to cross-functional teams.
- Guide hypotheses that will be tested with statistical rigor.
- Technical competence in managing large data sets and statistical techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team and work collaboratively with medical/safety colleagues and research scientists.
- Strong bioinformatics and computational skills, programming in R, SAS, Python and other related bioinformatics software.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- A leader with the ability to provide direction to cross-functional teams.
- Understands experimental design and provide informatics guidance to drive decisions.
- Technical competence and ability to become expert in health equity research.
- The ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams, represent WMS and become an integral member of the Integrative Biology Leadership team.
- Familiarity with HPC and/or Cloud based computational environments.
- Incumbent will work closely with Worldwide Medical and Safety, Integrative Biology and Global Medical Epidemiology as well as other cross functional groups.
Occasional travelOTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development