About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.Position Summary
Answers telephone, screen and direct calls. Attend to visitors and deal with inquiries on the phone and face to face. Register patients, retrieve medical records as needed for hospital follow-up. Confirm patient appointments, checking in/out all patients, task messages from/to staff and physicians, schedule all patient appointments (hospital and office follow-ups), collect co-payments and process all payments in Passport. Check incoming and outgoing mail, check and clear incoming faxes, verify insurance eligibility as needed. Complete all physician orders, schedule all test and diagnostic studies ordered. Obtain authorizations as needed and link authorizations to visits, tests or procedures. Verify any changes to patient demographics, update insurances at each visit. Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Handles all incoming calls from the company's main telephone system. Ability to take and relay messages; provide information to callers.
- Responsible for sending out and receiving packages from deliveries.
- Greet visitors entering the organization and direct them to the correct destination.
- General administrative and clerical support from the different departments of the organization.
- Maintains a pleasant appearance of the reception area and lobby.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year customer service experience.
- Full-time, day shift, 40 hours per week
- This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.