Postdoctoral Position in the Department of Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences
Applications are invited from postdoctoral research fellow candidates to conduct cutting-edge research in cancer nanomedicine, which may include the design and construction of nanoparticle drones and biomaterial drone technology for image-guided drug delivery with opportunities to collaborate with industry. Responsibilities will include investigating hypotheses, designing and performing experiments in vitro and in animal cancer models, regular report of research progress in research meetings and active participation in discussions
- PhD degree (or MD degree) with experience in preparing and working with nanoparticles, and background in biomedical sciences including disciplines such as: biomedical engineering, chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, drug delivery, biology, biochemistry, cancer biology, pharmacology, or other related fields.
- Strong ability to prepare nanoparticles
- Strong ability to perform cell biology and molecular biology experiment in vitro
- Strong ability to perform in vivo animal experiments in animal cancer models
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well organized and ability to multi-task to deliver on multiple targets simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work well independently and as a member of a highly collaborative team
- Ability to write manuscript for publications
Employment at Johns Hopkins University:
Postdoctoral fellow salary will be based on NIH guideline, individual health insurance [through the School of Medicine Student Health Program (SHP)] and dental insurance will be provided. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience and benefits will be provided.
Interested candidates should submit a single document containing: 1) a CV; 2) a brief personal statement describing research interests and career goals, and 3) contact information for three references. Select applicants will be invited to interview. Please directly email the document to email@example.com
Application Deadline: February 10, 2022