Seeking experienced coordinator of clinical research studies (Senior Research Coordinator), mostly investigator initiated trials, of cellular immunotherapy in cancer and related diseases. These studies are performed at several locations in BCM's affiliated clinics and hospitals. The Center for Cell and Gene Therapy and Pediatrics Hem-Onc Cell Therapy section conducts basic and clinical research in cancer cellular immunotherapy and needs qualified clinical research coordinators to fulfill its scientific and clinical missions.Job Duties
- Coordinate day-to-day activities of research protocols which include; screening, enrollment, and monitoring
- of research participants.
- Follow patients while on study for safety monitoring.
- Adhere to institutional policies concerning safety and infection control.
- Act as a lead in data collection by retrieving protocol information via computer and visual chart review and
- by communicating directly with outlying healthcare providers to schedule and procure testing and treatment
- Explain process and procedures to educate participants regarding the research study.
- Collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to
- procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Complete forms and comply with institutional, state, and federal agencies; prepare reports for the
- surveillance committee and the sponsoring agencies as specified in the reporting requirements.
- Manage and direct several phase I-III clinical protocols initiated by industry and investigators with multiple
- Act as liaison between PI and sponsors on regulatory quality control and quality assurance matters.
- Collaborate with physician, mid-level practitioners, and research nurses to document patient care.
- Supervise, schedule and direct the activities of less experienced research personnel.
- Screen new hires and provide guidance and training.
- Review protocol documents including abstracts, text and informed consent for relevant information.
- Understand and adhere to the policies and procedures related to conduct of clinical trials as delineated in
- the department training manual and presented at weekly training meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Five years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.