About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.Position Summary
Performs a variety of CT imaging procedures, while following patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs. Participates in CQI activities.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:Minimum Education
- Performs CT Scan procedures, obtains patient history, explains routine procedures and addresses patient concerns
- Prepares room and equipment for patient's exam.
- Assists the radiologist, surgeon, and/or clinician during CT procedures, including invasive and non-invasive studies.
- Observes patient for any unusual reactions or events, before, during and after procedure. Takes appropriate action following established guidelines.
- Produces films of the studies as per protocol and special instructions, utilizing scanner interface and film printer.
- Prepares the patient, explains the procedure, and ensures patient's cooperation during the examination.
- Informs the patient of the procedure to be done, and instructs the patient on participation required in order to obtain an optimal exam. Transports equipment to patient's room when necessary.
- Maintains supplies and equipment in assigned area in ready state, reviewing operation of equipment and expiration of medications. Contacts outside service for major malfunctions. Reports minor malfunctions to supervisor.
- Reviews orders for diagnostic imaging tests for appropriateness, modifies order according to policy or reviews with radiologist when non-standard.
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training in Radiologic Technology or equivalent.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- At least 1 year hospital or imaging center experience.
- AMA approved school of Diagnostic Radiologic Technology.
- ARRT (Radiography) .
- CRT (Radiography and Fluoroscopy) .
- BLS ( through the American Heart Association)
- Successful completion of CT orientation.
- Associate's Degree in Radiologic Science.
- Contrast Injection Certification.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.