About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Performs a variety of CT imaging procedures, while following patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs. Participates in CQI activities.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:Minimum Education
- Performs CT Scan procedures, obtains patient history, explains routine procedures and addresses patient concerns
- Prepares room and equipment for patient's exam.
- Assists the radiologist, surgeon, and/or clinician during CT procedures, including invasive and non-invasive studies.
- Observes patient for any unusual reactions or events, before, during and after procedure. Takes appropriate action following established guidelines.
- Produces films of the studies as per protocol and special instructions, utilizing scanner interface and film printer.
- Prepares the patient, explains the procedure, and ensures patient's cooperation during the examination.
- Informs the patient of the procedure to be done, and instructs the patient on participation required in order to obtain an optimal exam. Transports equipment to patient's room when necessary.
- Maintains supplies and equipment in assigned area in ready state, reviewing operation of equipment and expiration of medications. Contacts outside service for major malfunctions. Reports minor malfunctions to supervisor.
- Reviews orders for diagnostic imaging tests for appropriateness, modifies order according to policy or reviews with radiologist when non-standard.
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training in Radiologic Technology or equivalent.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- At least 1 year hospital or imaging center experience.
- AMA approved school of Diagnostic Radiologic Technology.
- ARRT (Radiography) .
- CRT (Radiography and Fluoroscopy) .
- BLS ( through the American Heart Association)
- Successful completion of CT orientation.
- Associate's Degree in Radiologic Science.
- Contrast Injection Certification.
- Per Diem
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.