The Center for Drug Discovery ( https://www.bcm.edu/research/centers/drug-discovery ) is a strategic research center established at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) in Houston, Texas. The mission of the Center for Drug Discovery is to establish novel discovery technologies that enable rapid and cost-effective drug discovery within the academic community. We are seeking highly skilled and motivated scientists with expertise in medicinal chemistry and/or organic chemistry to join the Center for Drug Discovery. Central to our vision is the continued establishment of a small-molecule discovery platform using a DNA-encoded chemistry approach. Job Duties
- Participates in early stage drug discovery efforts in collaboration with biological scientists throughout the academic community, with a goal of bringing new treatments to patients with unmet medical needs.
- Contributes to multidisciplinary lead-finding project teams by engaging in the following activities: performs compound resynthesis and medicinal chemistry optimization; designs, screens, and synthesizes DNA-encoded chemical libraries; uncovers and utilizes novel chemical reactions in water; and/or evaluates compounds for efficacy in vitro and/or in vivo.
- Performs innovative chemistry reactions and compound synthesis.
- Works & communicates effectively in a team environment.
- Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- >3 years of hands-on laboratory experience in medicinal/organic chemistry and/or a related field and a track record of quality publications and/or patents in these areas.
- Experience with one or more of the following: performing innovative chemistry reactions and compound synthesis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
- Works independently and consults the literature to guide scientific efforts.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.