The Board of Governors Regenerative Medicine Institute (RMI) at Cedars-Sinai is recruiting faculty at all levels in translational regenerative medicine. Focus will be placed on induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) technology, to both model and treat human diseases. The RMI has outstanding resources that include a world-leading iPSC Core and cGMP Biomanufacturing Center, as well as access to state-of-the-art proteomic and single cell technologies. The RMI has direct links to all the major clinical departments at the hospital. Using stem cell models to predict drug responses in patients or using stem cells in patient clinical trials are key priorities. We are interested in MD/PhD candidates who can collaborate well and move forward innovative programs in this area.
- Medical Degree, PhD or MD/PhD from an accredited medical school along with significant post doctorial research experience.
- High-impact publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Assistant/Associate/Full-professor level
- Evidence of exceptional academic and professional accomplishment.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a record of peer-reviewed funding. Research faculty will be expected to develop an internationally recognized, extramurally funded research program.
- We particularly encourage applications from racial/ethnic/sexual and gender minority candidates, those who demonstrate a commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is one of the largest and fastest-growing nonprofit academic medical centers in the U.S., with 886 licensed beds, 2,100 physicians, 2,800 nurses, and thousands of other healthcare professionals, faculty and staff. We are one of the leading institutes for competitive research funding from both NIH and CIRM. As an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treaments with global impact. We are in a highly desirable location in the City of Los Angeles. Competitive salary, benefits and relocation support will be provided.
If you are interested in this opportunity to join an expanding and innovative collaborative team in a clinical and research environment, please send your CV, NIH Biosketch and cover letter (2-3 pages) briefly outlining your interests in this area, an outline of past research and what your goals and aspirations are for the next five years to Dr. Clive Svendsen c/o AcademicRecruiting@cshs.org.
At Cedars-Sinai Medical Center we are proud of our diverse team and inclusive work environment. We are committed to recruiting, selecting and retaining an engaged workforce from many backgrounds, perspectives and experiences at all levels of the organization, including age, gender identity, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal and state law.