TU Dresden is one of eleven German Universities of Excellence. It provides an outstanding scientific infrastructure and ideal environment for interdisciplinary cooperation.
The Faculty of Psychology offers a position as
Research Associate (m/f/x)
(subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting as soon as possible and limited until December 31, 2022 with the option of extension. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (WissZeitVG). The position offers the chance to obtain further academic qualification and is funded by the Saxonian Ministry of Science, Culture, and Tourism (SMWK) and aimed at facilitating major funding initiatives at the TU Dresden.
Tasks: The successful candidate will work together with the Faculty of Psychology in applying for major funding initiatives (e.g., Excellence Cluster) within the topics of psychology and neuroscience. The position will entail the following tasks:
- preparation and editing of grant proposals including literature review, project descriptions, budget, and work plans
- writing scientific publications such as reviews in close collaboration with an interdisciplinary team
- research work in the field of psychology and cognitive neuroscience
- scientific preparation of events such as workshops and conferences
- writing executive summaries, high-level summaries, infographics, and other tools.
- university degree (Master or equivalent) in Cognitive Neuroscience, Psychology or a similar suitable scientific field
- several years of research experience
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- outstanding organizational skills and abilities to work in a team
- high interest in psychology and neuroscience and its connections to other fields such as technology, medicine, and humanities/social sciences.
- experience with graphics software
- a relevant PhD/doctoral degree is beneficial.
For questions about the position please contact Prof. Dr. Katharina von Kriegstein (email@example.com).
The TU Dresden is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the advancement of individuals without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, or disability. In case of equal suitability, people with severe disabilities or those with equivalence to the German Social Code IX (SGB IX) will be preferred for employment.
Please submit your comprehensive application including a cover letter that briefly describes your personal qualifications and future career interests, CV, 1 to 2 publications, and contact details of two personal references by January 10, 2022 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies), preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: TU Dresden, Fakultät Psychologie, Institut für Allgemeine Psychologie, Biopsychologie und Methoden der Psychologie, Professur für Kognitive und Klinische Neurowissenschaft, Frau Prof. Dr. Katharina von Kriegstein, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis