About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.Position Summary
A Staff Scientist/Lab Manager position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Andrea Bild at the City of Hope Cancer Institute. We are looking for a creative and motivated individual to work on a project associated with breast tumor heterogeneity, subclonal evolution, and response to drug therapy. This individual must have good project coordinating skills and must be able to manage a team of scientists. This funded project is part of the prestigious Cancer Systems Biology Consortium: https://www.cancer.gov/about-nci/organization/dcb/research-programs/csbc and provides an opportunity to lead systems biology focused projects and interact with leaders in the field.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- The scientist will study the evolution of tumor heterogeneity during development of resistant cancer.
- Research can leverage our impressive series of patient cells and isogenic cell lines for drug screening and oncogenic signaling determination.
- The scientist will work closely with the PI in developing and implementing the project, together with a team of medical oncologists, systems biologists, mathematicians, and biologists.
- The collaborative environment at the City of Hope and the discovery-based nature of this project will foster multidisciplinary thinking and will provide the potential for advancing expertise in cutting-edge technologies.
- A Ph.D. degree in cellular and molecular biology, systems biology, or related discipline
- Must have multiple first author publications
- For more information about Dr. Andrea Bild's research, please click here.
- Years of experience and outcomes such as publications will determine specific job title.
- When applying for the position, please include a cover letter with a statement of research interests and how they relate to this project, an updated CV and contact information for 3-5 references. Please apply directly andemail your CV to Dr. Bild at: email@example.com
- Please note, there are multiple positions available.
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.