About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.Position SummaryMust be availablefor all 3 shifts
The Security Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the activities of the security shift staff which provide security functions to City of Hope. The supervisor assists in leading the provision of the City of Hope security services, for the protection of the City of Hope's patients, family members, employees, vendors and property assets, for the main campus, local community sites and for the operation of the parking facilities. In addition, manage the initial on-site response to emergency incidents at the Duarte campus. The role is also responsible for the overall shift management of the Security team.Key Responsibilities include:
Security Operations Management:
- Supervise security shift officers and operations center staff. Provides updates to staff at beginning of each shift. Responsible for proper execution of assigned duties. Interacts with local law enforcement as required.
- Knowledgeable of and adheres to all COH rules, regulations, policies, and orders. Responsible for security on or at any assigned City of Hope locations.
- Provide input to the annual operating budgets for security.
- Effectively motivate, coach and manage staff to achieve prescribed objectives by providing clear performance expectations and regular feedback. Document performance outcomes and ensure poor performance is addressed and high performance is recognized and rewarded.
- Supervise the day to day processes for security, access control, CCTV, alarms, traffic management, investigations, event management, permit and public parking, and infringement processing.
- Security services to be supplied to agreed standards, within budget and to agreed
- Create and maintain internal documentation such as dashboards and system reports to measure current system health in real time.
- Undertake investigations into criminal activities and other sensitive matters which may have reputational implications for City of Hope. Recommend strategies to minimize risk, inform management and provide cost effective outcomes. Liaise closely with senior management, police and other regulatory bodies.
Emergency Response and Business Continuity Management:
- Participates in plan reviews and annual table top or operational exercises.
- Participates in business continuity management recovery team and attends annual exercise(s)
- Responds to emergency (fire, oppression, etc.) conditions to contain and control for the protection of life and property.
Reports, Monitors and Trains:
- Maintains records and prepares incident reports and other documents pertinent to security activities.
- Maintains department records, reports, and files as required.
- Create and provide training to security officers.
- Trains the Dispatchers within the Security Operations Center as well as creates and develops monthly reporting for statistical analysis.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending in-service meetings, and workshops to keep up to date with current security industry trends.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
Preferred education, experience and skills for consideration:
- Associate Degree, Computer Science, Physical Security, Criminal Justice or related field. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- 3 years of Supervisory or Management experience
- 5 years of experience in Security
- AB5O8/management of aggressive behavior
- CPR and First Aid
- Current CA Driver's License
- Guard Registration card
- Bachelor Degree, Computer Science, or Business Management
- ASIS Physical Security Professional Course
- ASIS Physical Security Professional Certification
- 2 year hospital experience
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.