Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positionsAbout City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.Position Summary
The Physician Assistant provides independent and collaborative medical management to a defined patient population, according to standardized procedures and in collaboration with a physician supervisor. Provides primary, secondary, and in some cases, tertiary care within scope of practice, licensure and organizational policies. Services provided include, but are not limited to: taking histories, conducting physical examinations, ordering, performing and interpreting appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests and therapies and furnishing drugs and devices in a cost efficient manner for specific conditions. Emphasis is placed on health promotion, disease prevention and patient education, combining the qualities of both nursing and medicine. Acts as a health care resource and role model to staff by maintaining a high degree of ethics and integrity.Key Responsibilities include:
Basiceducation, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Provides services that are accurate, reliable, courteous and timely.
- Supports the efforts of all care providers to deliver quality care.
- Demonstrates competence appropriate to their role and function in the delivery of age specific care.
- Delivers care in a manner consistent with the scope of practice of the discipline and the standards established by City of Hope as expressed in the plans for provision of care and policies and procedures.
- Ensures self-competence and promotes adherence to professional practice standards through participation in continuing education activities and clinical skills updates.
- Oversees care for a defined group of patients using effective delegation, supervision and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of all professional and regulatory standards.
- Collaborates with colleagues to provide sound decision-making.
- Communicates effectively with all customers and colleagues to meet organizational goals.
- Maintains current knowledge, skills and competencies through involvement in professional continuing education activities.
- Uses resources efficiently.
- Fosters involvement in performance improvement activities to promote continuous improvement in care delivery.
- Demonstrates assimilation of core organizational values within own performance
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program or a Master's Degree as a Physician Assistant.
- Successful completion of a Physician Assistant Education Program approved by the Committee on Allied Health, Education and Accreditation
- Must have three years acute care clinical experience, previous physician assistant preferred
- Current California Physician Assistant License.
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification, required.
- Current ACLS certification
- Must have a current DEA
- Must have a current Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR Card through American Heart
- Shift: Days
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Specialty: Medical Oncology
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of mploye.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.