About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.Position Summary
Responsible for the safe and timely transfer of patients, supplies and equipment, requisitions and items for test, within the hospital. Transports patients to and from the Operating Room (OR)/Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU). Assists in other departmental functions/duties as needed or directed to assure safe, effective, efficient, speedy patient care.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Transport's patients (gurney, wheelchair and ambulette) to and from nursing units and ancillary departments, as requested.
- Assists personnel in moving patients to or from beds, chairs, wheelchairs, etc.
- Transports supplies, medical records, x-rays, equipment, specimens, mail, reports, and other materials, in response to instruction or page.
- Maintains inventory supplies levels on patient/nursing units.
- Transports full and used medical gas cylinders.
- High School or equivalent
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
Preferred education experience and skills:
- CPR Training/Certificate or obtained within two weeks of hire
- Current Driver's License
Understands basic bacteriology; contamination control/sterilization technique; medical terminologyAdditional Information:
To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.