The Department of Radiation Oncology, Division of Hematology and Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center seeks to expand its existing programs in radiation oncology, cellular therapy and regenerative medicine with an emphasis on translational research in cellular therapy and synthetic biology particularly immune cell bioengineering. The successful candidate will develop an innovative research program that focuses on developing cellular therapies and integrating them with current therapies to target solid tumors that complements Cedar-Sinai’s multi-disciplinary research strengths in tumor immunology, tumor microenvironment, radiation biology, regenerative medicine, genomics and bioinformatics. The faculty recruit will enjoy superb resources including state-of-the-art laboratory space, access to a GMP facility and a strong collaborative research environment.
- Medical Degree, PhD or MD/PhD from an accredited medical school along with significant post doctorial research experience.
- High-impact publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals and a strong interest in cellular therapy and synthetic biology is preferred.
- Assistant/Associate/Full-professor level with an emphasis in synthetic biology particularly immune cell bioengineering.
- Evidence of exceptional academic and professional accomplishment.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a record of peer-reviewed funding. Research faculty will be expected to develop an internationally recognized, extramurally funded research program.
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is one of the largest and fastest-growing nonprofit academic medical centers in the U.S., with 886 licensed beds, 2,100 physicians, 2,800 nurses, and thousands of other healthcare professionals and staff. Clinical programs range from primary care for preventing, diagnosing, and treating common conditions to specialized treatments for rare, complex, and advanced illnesses. We are in a highly desirable location in the City of Los Angeles. Competitive salary, benefits and relocation support will be provided. If you are interested in this opportunity to join in an expanding and innovative collaborative team in a clinical and research environment, please send your CV, including names of 3 references, and statement of strategic vision to: Dr. Stephen Shiao, Director of Basic Science Research, Department of Radiation Oncology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center c/o AcademicRecruiting@cshs.org.
At Cedars-Sinai Medical Center we are proud of our diverse team and inclusive work environment. We are committed to recruiting, selecting and retaining an engaged workforce from many backgrounds, perspectives and experiences at all levels of the organization, including age, gender identity, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal and state law.